What did you do on the 26th of January 2017?
Today we are going to recreate our holidays into a digital format
You will know you have been successful when
# You have planned your work (minimum 6 slides)
# Shared your work with class
Create a 1-2 minute recount about your holiday using Puppet Pals
Step 1: Use the Comic Maker App to plan your slides.
Step 2: Bring your recount to life with Puppet Pals
Step 3: Upload to your blog
Did you know?
In the 14th century, the bubonic plaque, or ‘black death’, killed more than one-third of the entire population of Europe.
1) How many seconds are there in one hour?
360, 600, 3600 or 6000
2) A beaver’s home is called a l…..?
3) What is the basic ingredient of an omelette?
4) In what year did a human walk on the moon for the first time?
5) Unjumble the word, ending in ‘ness’
6) Which is bigger?
The African or Asian elephant?
7) In what sport does a loser get ‘pinned’?
8) Do these rectangles have the same perimeter?
12m x 4m and 13m x 3m
9) What did Laszlo and Georg Biro create?
10) Which is not a type of flowering plant?
a) protea b) begonia c) sequoia d) fuchsia
C1) Find out what symptoms a person with bubonic plague will have.
C2) What did people do to try to prevent getting bubonic plague in the 14th century?
C3) Find out if the bubonic plague is still a problem today?
On another note: Please check out the awesome digital books available on the homework page. These will assist you with your homework task and your English Assessment.
Family Quiz of the Week #2 :
Ben . H 6LB, Georgia 3/4T, Allyse 5B, Kara 3K
Literacy Challenge : Emma. D 5A
“SNIFF”The smell of ice-cream hit my nose. I heard a loud “DING.” A glimpse of joy approached me. The ice-cream truck had arrived. All the flavours, toppings and ice-creams. YUM. I’m guessing it’s so hard to choose as the line is not moving. Finally, I get there. The man says he had run out of ice-cream and to come back tomorrow. SERIOUSLY!
Blogger of the Week :
Allyse 5B, Cooper.M 3K
Yr level Blogger Champions :
Yr 3 & 4
What am I looking for?
The most interesting paragraph about Ice Cream.
Word Limit: 60 Due: 24th March
Before is boring
I got up that morning and got dressed quickly, ate my breakfast and ran to school. The bus for camp was leaving at 8am. Myra and I sat together and we ate lots of chips and lollies in the back seat. It was a really boring trip. We stopped at a place for lunch, and everyone ordered hamburgers which were yuck. We finally got to the camp and everyone was really tired and went to bed. The next day we went on a bush-walk and Myra fell in a hole and it took two hours to get her out. Camp was really good.
After is Amazing!
Camp was really boring until Myra fell into a hole. We were walking along this dusty track, pretending to look for birds, when suddenly her foot slipped. She gave a sort of grunt and the bottom half of her body slid right down a hole while the top half stuck out on the track!
‘Help,’ she cried. ‘My foot’s caught!’
Task: Decide which part you would like to read on this special gathering – blog your first 3 preferences.
P1: Harmony Day is held every year on 21 March to coincide with the United Nations International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination.
P2:The message of Harmony Day is everyone belongs. It’s a day to celebrate Australia’s diversity – a day of cultural respect for everyone who calls Australia home.
P3 This year is our 15th anniversary. We want to take this opportunity to thank our community and the people who have made Eatons Hill SS what it is, and look to our shared future.
P4 Did you know: around 45 per cent of Australians were born overseas or have at least one parent who was.
- P5 85 per cent of Australians agree multiculturalism has been good for Australia.
- P6 Apart from English the most common languages spoken in Australia are Mandarin, Italian, Arabic, Cantonese, Greek, Vietnamese, Tagalog/Filipino, Spanish and Hindi
- P7 More than 60 Indigenous languages are spoken in Australia
- P8 92 per cent of Australians feel a great sense of belonging to our country?
- p9 School/Vice Cpt How does Australia make people feel welcome?
- p10) School/Vice Cpt What does harmony mean @ EHSS?
P11) We hope you enjoy living in a safe and supportive country where cultural diversity is valued. Thank you.