Health – Perseverance

Learning Intention

We are learning about perseverance.

Success Criteria

You will know you’ve been successful when you can:

# Identify how perseverance helps us to move through tough times.

Instructions – View one video at a time and then respond via blog comments.

Mojo and Katie decide to enter an art competition, but Katie gets stuck in The Dip.

1) What’s a dip?
2) What’s an example of when you were in The Dip?
3) What kind of emotions might you feel when you’re in The Dip? How can we stay positive?

Mojo and Katie learn from a curious character how they can get out of The Dip!

4) What should you do when you make a mistake?
5) What will happen if you continue to make mistakes? Try using the word ”neuron” in your explanation!
6) Share an example of how you can get out of The Dip? Have you ever escaped The Dip yourself?

The day of the Art Show has arrived. How will Katie do? Did she persevere and get out of The Dip?

7) How does it feel to escape The Dip? Can a person enter The Dip more than once?
8) Often, we want to be the best at what we are doing. Instead of comparing our success with others, what kind of attitude can we have?
9) What does the phrase ”failing is simply learning new ways to improve” mean to you?

31 thoughts on “Health – Perseverance

1. What’s a dip?
    A dip is where you go up because your super excited but then you fell in to the dip because your anger and ready to quote.
    What’s an example of when you were in The Dip?When I was trying to get my Ariel. 3)
    What kind of emotions might you feel when you’re in The Dip? I felt anger I just wanted to quit
    How can we stay positive?We can stay position by thinking you will get it just practice and keep going because you will get it.
    What should you do when you make a mistake? you should reflect on what you did.
    What will happen if you continue to make mistakes?your neuron gets stronger the more you think about your mistake and make your paniting better. Share an example of how you can get out of The Dip? Have you ever escaped The Dip yourself?yes you can just by thinkingI got out of the dip by just practising my Ariel and trying to make it better
    How does it feel to escape The Dip? To escape is so great it like a feeling you have ever hadCan a person enter The Dip more than once?yes a person can but it’s a great thing
    Often, we want to be the best at what we are doing. Instead of comparing our success with others, what kind of attitude can we have?
    you can have upset, anger or annoyed. 9) What does the phrase ”failing is simply learning new ways to improve” mean to you?it means that you ever say can’t and you make one mistake and you learn that it don’t work so you try again

2. 1) What’s a dip?
    it is here you get really challenged.
    you want to give up.
    3) What kind of emotions might you feel when you’re in The Dip? How can we stay positive? keep on trying and don’t let your negative emotions control.

3. 4) What should you do when you make a mistake? Think hard to improve your work.
    improve your work.
    6) Share an example of how you can get out of The Dip? Have you ever escaped The Dip yourself? you think and think until you know how to fix it.

4. The dip is when you think you can’t do any think.
    When l thort l couldn’t do anything.
    😿😩
    Reflect
    You will learn from them and get better and better
    Just keep on trying.
    Amazing
    Energetic

5. 1) What’s a dip?
    A bit is where you think your on the road to success but you don’t realise there is a lot of hard work & effort to getting there.
    It was just before the competition season of gymnastics and I was practising the dances & cool tricks in my routines, I didn’t realise I had to do a lot more hard work and training, I didn’t think I was ready but I had to remember that it was going to be worth it.
    When you’re in the dip you start to get sad and want to go back but it is easier going the long way to success because it will be worth it, you can regret going back later.

6. 4) What should you do when you make a mistake?
    You should pause & have a think about how you can change it.
    If you continue to make mistakes then if you change them the right way your neutrons will get stronger.
    6) Share an example of how you can get out of The Dip?
    You can get out of the dick by instead of making your day turn gloomy, you can think of the good things about your mistake or think of ways to turn it around.
    Have you ever escaped The Dip yourself?
    I escaped the dip by asking my coach for feedback on how to improve my routines.

7. 7) How does it feel to escape The Dip? Can a person enter The Dip more than once? really good.

have a positive attitude.
    getting better at this thing you’re doing.

8. 7) How does it feel to escape The Dip? Can a person enter The Dip more than once?
    Most of the time it can feel relieving getting out of the dip, yup are happy that you put the hard effort in to get to the top, but it doesn’t mean it is the last time you enter the dip.
    We can feel happy for the other person that did better than you and ask them how to improve.
    I think it means it’s not a bad thing that you didn’t do particularly well but it means there is room for improvement the next time you try.

9. What’s a dip? A dip is when you are really excited at first and then the journey is so hard you then you get so frustrated angry and then you want to quit .

A example of me in the dip is when I get hurt or angry I go into my room and don’t want to talk to anyone and then i get over it eventually and then come out and have fun again.

The way that you can stay positive is that you think about stuff that make you calm or happy and in a good place .

10. What’s a dip? The dip is a place where you want to do something but when you are nearly there you give up.

2) What’s an example of when you were in The Dip? When I was on the trampoline I was trying the do a back flip I just had to keep trying and trying and then I got it the end.

3) What kind of emotions might you feel when you’re in The Dip? How can we stay positive? When ever I am in the dip I still keep a smile on my face but I’m actually not sure about something or don’t know what to do about the thing.

11. 4) What should you do when you make a mistake? You should try and do it again and see if you get it right.

5) What will happen if you continue to make mistakes? Try using the word ”neuron” in your explanation! When I make mistakes I love them out and do them again so I neuron them

6) Share an example of how you can get out of The Dip? Have you ever escaped The Dip yourself? When I’m in a dip I don’t give up on trying to get out.

12. When you make a mistake it’s ok you do learn from your mistakes and everyone get into mistakes.

If you keep on doing more mistakes you learn that mistakes are fine you learn more and more from your mistakes.

The way that I get out of the dip is that I look at my things that I drew and comment on on them really hard and that is how I get out of the dip.

13. 7) How does it feel to escape The Dip? Can a person enter The Dip more than once? You can enter the dip more than once. What do you want something so badly you have to earn it and if you don’t earn it you get mad a fall into the dip.

8) Often, we want to be the best at what we are doing. Instead of comparing our success with others, what kind of attitude can we have? He can say to the people that one all got better at something good job and be nice and you treat the person like you want to be treated.

9) What does the phrase ”failing is simply learning new ways to improve” mean to you? It means you get better at something if you do it over and over again then you do if you just do it once.

14. It feels different when you are out of the dip that you want to go back to the dip again and you can enter the dip more then once like more the 3 times way more .

We do not think about comparing ours and others and that can hurt there feelings and we don’t want that so be kind and it doesn’t matter if you don’t win and we should always be nice to each other.

The words failing is fine this means I can show the world who I really am and I get another try .

15. 2) What’s an example of when you were in The Dip?
    I was probably in the dip many of times but I can’t recall why.
    We might fell frustrated, so to get around that feeling look at your work and say it is beautiful and think good things, then you will have fun.

16. What’s the dip ?
    The dip is when you’re very frustrated and want to give up.
    When have you been in the dip?
    When I was learning a unicycle I was in the dip.
    What emotion is right you feel when you’re in the dip?
    Some emotions you might feel is frustration,annoyance ,and that you just want to give up. You can stay positive by saying come on come on I can do it .

17. 4) What should you do when you make a mistake?
    Reflect on your mistake and make it better.
    5) What will happen if you continue to make mistakes? Try using the word ” neuron” in your sentence!
    Making mistakes is making your neuron stronger.
    Look at your mistakes and think about it carefully reflect on what you’ve done and it won’t seem like a mistake anymore.

18. When you feel bad or sad

My brother makes fun of me some time and I get up set

By saying I’m not dumb and that I’m smart

19. What do you do you do if you make a mistake ?
    You should reflect on your mistake so your neurons can see what happened so that they don’t do it again and make Your work .

What will happen if you keep on making mistakes?
    What will happen is if you let your brain look at your mistake and reflect on it your neurons go together and grow stronger and acquire the knowledge of the mistake that you made so that they don’t make them again.

Share an example of how to get out of the dip? Have you ever been in a dip yourself ?
    How are you could do it is every time you make a mistake just take a moment to see what mistake you made. Yes I have been in the dip when I was learning to ride my unicycle.

20. 7) How does it feel to escape The Dip? Can a person enter The Dip more than once?
    Yes you can be frustrated a lot and keep entering the dip but you learn more -every time you come out of the dip-, about how to reflect.
    Saying thing like “mine is the best of me it is perfect even if I’m not on top/winning.
    When you look back on your mistakes you can change what might have not been that good.

21. you should practice what you were doing

Practice what you’re doing and ask someone for help like a teacher or parent or a friend

I had to remember that I was smart and I can do it

22. 7) How does it feel to escape The Dip? Can a person enter The Dip more than once?
    It feels very good when you escape the dip, and yes someone can enter the dip more than once.

Instead of comparing ourselves with others we can compare ourselves with our past effort.

It means that failing is actually improving.

23. You feel amazing yes a person can enter the dip more than once

We shouldn’t compare ourselves to someone else we always should remember that we are smart and we will get smarter over the year

If you make a mistake it doesn’t matter because you’re always get feedback and you will work on that feedback

24. 1) What’s a dip?
    The dip is a place when things get frustrating and hard.

And example of when I was in the dip was during was leaving New Zealand.

You might feel frustrated, you might feel like things aren’t going your way and that things look terrible or they don’t look right.

25. 1) What’s a dip?
    The dip is where you just want to stop and give up but you keep on going.

When i was learning some tricks in circus I just wanted to give up and go home.

You feel super frustrated when you’re in the dip. You can stay positive by just taking a quick break or maybe come back the next day.

You have to remember that there is always a solution. Just try and something out of your mistake

Because if you mess up then the neutrons in your brain will think of an idea.

6) Share an example of how you can get out of The Dip? Have you ever escaped The Dip yourself
    You can get out of the dip by asking for help or finding a solution. Yes i have gotten out of the dip by asking for some help from my friends or parents

26. 4) What should you do when you make a mistake?
    You should reflect on your mistake to make it better.

Your neurons will keep firing in your brain to come up with ideas to make it better.

You can get out of a dip by thinking of the good things about it not the negative things and I have a scape the dip by thinking about the good things about Australia.

27. 7) How does it feel to escape The Dip? Can a person enter The Dip more than once?
    It feels amazing to escape the dip and a person can into the debt more than once.

We can have a positive attitude and not compare our success with others to help us improve.

It means I’ve made a mistake now I’ve gotta fix it to help me be a better person.

28. 1) What’s a dip?
    The Dip is when you get frustrated and don’t think you can seced.
    I was in the dip when i as learning to ride a unicycle.
    We can stay positive by keep trying.