Fractions & Decimals

Learning Intention

We are learning about Fractions & Decimals

Success Criteria

# Convert a fractions to a decimal and percentage (and reverse) with 80%+ accuracy.

Image result for fractions and decimals images

# Solve problems  involving addition and subtraction of related fractions with 80%+ accuracy.

Image result for adding fractions image

# Add and subtract  fractions with the like denominators .

# Add and subtract fractions with different denominators.

# Add mixed numbers with like denominators.

# Solve problems involving multiplication and division of related fractions with 70%+ accuracy.

# Multiply and divide fractions with different denominators with 70%+ accuracy.

Image result for dividing fractions image

Maths Dictionary Activity:  Show how fractions, decimals and percentages are related.

Decimals-Fractions-Percentage

Maths Dictionary Activity: Show how to add fractions with like denominators

Practice Activity: Adding fractions with common denominators.

Practice Activity: Subtracting fractions with common denominators.

Fractions with different denominators

Quiz

Adding and Subtracting Fractions

Image result for multiplying fractions image

Multiplying Fractions (same denominator)

Multiplying Fractions – Quiz

Image result for multiplying mixed fractions image

Multiplying Mixed Fractions

Multiplying Mixed Fractions – Quiz

25 thoughts on “Fractions & Decimals

1. I know how to add with like denominators
    I need to know how to add with different denominators

2. I can add mixed numbers with like (similar) denominators, solve problems using multiplication and division to solve fraction problems. But I need to improve on multiplying and dividing fractions with different denominators.

3. What I already know: I know how to add and subract fractions with the same denominators.
    What I need to learn: I need to learn how to subract and add fractions with different denominators.

4. I can convert a fraction to a decimal or percentage.
    I can’t solve problems involving addition and subtraction, of related fractions with 80%+ accuracy.

5. I know how to:

Identify and write fractions on the fraction wall with 80% accuracy. I can add and subtract fractions with the same denominator with 80% accuracy.

I can add and subtract fractions with different denominators with 70% accuracy.

I need to work on:

dividing and multiplying a fraction with different denominators.

6. I know how to make 1 Whole 1/2 1/4 1/5 into a Percentage and decimals.
    I need to work on making 1/3 1/6 1/8 1/10 1/12

7. I know how to add and subtract fractions with the like denominator and I know how to add and subtract with different denominators, and I can also just plus and subtract fractions.

8. I know how to write the fraction for the numbers on the wall. I need to work on the writing and understanding for decimals on fractions, and some of percentage.

9. I can add mixed numbers with like denominators, solve problems involving multiplication and division of related fractions with 70%+ accuracy, and multiply and divide fractions with different denominators with 70%+ accuracy.

10. What do I know?
    I know how to turn fractions into simple decimals and percentage. I can estimate how much percentage something is and turn that into a decimal.

What I do I need to work on?
    I don’t know how to add and subtract fractions with like denominator, I don’t know how to add and subtract with different denominators.

11. what do I know =i know how to add the fractions problem and also know how to add up the numerations and multiply the problem
    What i do not know =insert the fraction that you are dividing

12. I know how to convert most fractions to a decimal and I also need a little help in making fractions into percentages. Some percentages I know. I also know how to add up different fractions to make one.

13. I know how to

Add and subtract fractions with the like denominators.

I need to learn

How add and subtract with different denominators

14. I know how to…

Identify a decimal from a percentage and a fraction. I can add and subtract decimals. I can simplify a fraction as well as multiply the denominator and numerator. I can invert the fraction i am dividing, and reduce the fraction. As well as that, i can add up the numerators.

I don’t know…

I’m pretty sure i know everything so i don’t know nothing.

Abbey

15. # Convert a fractions to a decimal & percentage (and reverse) with 80%+ accuracy. Yes I can do that.

# Accurately solve problems involving addition and subtraction of related fractions with 80%+ accuracy. Yep, I can do that well.

# Add & subtract fractions with the like denominators as well as with different denominators. Yes, i can do both of those well.

# Add mixed numbers with like denominators. Yep, that’s easy enough for me.

# Multiply and divide fractions with different denominators with 70%+ accuracy. Yep, easily.

Jammy

16. I know how to add, subtract, multiply and divide fractions but I have trouble converting fractions into a percentages and decimals.

17. The tasks that I know are:
    Solve problems involving addition and subtraction of related fractions with 80%+ accuracy.

The tasks that I do not know are:
    Add and subtract fractions with different denominators.

18. I know how to make decimals out of fractions and know how to add fractions together to make a different fraction. I need to work on the percentages of fractions.

19. Orange: I know how to convert fractions to a decimal and percentage and reverse with 80%+ accuracy, solve problems involving addition and subtraction of related fractions with 80%+ accuracy and adding and subtracting fractions with the like denominators and add mixed numbers with like denominators.
    I need to work on adding and subtracting fractions with different denominators, solve problems involving multiplication and division of related fractions with 70%+ accuracy, multiply and divide fractions with different denominators with 70%+ accuracy.
    Kailee

20. I will focus on adding and subtracting numbers with different denominators

I need to work adding mixed numbers with like denominators .

21. I know how to add and subtract fractions with like denominators.

I want to learn how to add mixed numbers with like denominators

22. I now how to convert a fraction to a decimal and percentage and reverse with 80% accuracy.
    I need to work on solving problems involving addition and subtraction of related fractions with 80% accuracy.

23. I need to improve by deepening my understanding of how fractions and decimals are related.
    I can already add and subtract fractions with alike denominations.