Storm Boy

Learning Intention

Today I will make judgements about the novel Storm Boy and give examples of why I think this way.

Image result for evaluation

Success Criteria – you will know you have been successful when:

# You can answer the questions about Storm Boy.

# You can think critically about the novel Storm Boy and give justified answers.

# You can create you own evaluation question about the novel Storm Boy.

stormboy

__________________________________

Evaluation Questions

Image result for storm boy

1. I think the cover is appealing or not appealing because …
  2. I like chapter …. because ….
  3. I think the illustrations are …… because. (refer to the book)

Image result for storm boy

4) I’m not sure about…… it doesn’t seem quite accurate.

Image result for storm boy

5) I don’t think it’s fair …… because …..

Image result for storm boy

6) My favourite character was …. because ……

Image result for storm boy

7) Create your own evaluation question (check how q1-6 are worded)

68 thoughts on “Storm Boy

1. 1. I rate the cover to 5/10 because firstly, it’s not so attractive and accurate but on the other hand it has something to do with the theme.

2. 1. I don’t think this is appealing because the colours ( shades ) do not interest me and also if I just looked at it without reading it I don’t know what it means or what it’s about.

3. 1 I find it appealing because of the flock of Pelicans it just looks so cool

2 I like the fifth chapter because everyone is happy and mr Percival saves the sailers

4. 2. I liked chapter 3 because it talks about the three little baby pelicans and tells us about what happens to them and how they grow up and grow strong which really holds my attention and interest.

5. 1) it shows how the movie
    2) 6 because it has a lot of action and leaves you in suspense for the rest of your life
    3) it is fuzzy
    4) the end, why let him die and just end it?
    5) only one pelican gets to stay and the rest are left to die alone
    6) Mr Percival because he was the hero in the book
    7) if you could have one of the characters as a pet, dad or brother, who would it be?

6. 2. I enjoy and like chapter three because it is when the three pelicans are strong and it’s more about them.

3. I don’t know about the illustrations much but I’d go 40/60 because I am interested in some but there not all accurate and I don’t like that they are all in the middle instead of next to the words it goes with.

7. 3. I don’t think the illustrations were too accurate and didn’t have much colour. I rate the illustrations 3/10 in my opinion because they didn’t refer to the book as much. It would’ve been better if the pictures were spread around the book.

8. 4. I think the reason they moved from a nice warm house that is perfectly fine in Adelaide to live on the beach in a cold area with crooked house walls and a horrible chimney if they were fine in Adelaide it doesn’t tell us why.

9. 4.I think that the thing that wasn’t so accurate was why they moved from the town and city to the beach. The author also didn’t as much explain where the mother of Storm a Boy was or what happened to her.

10. 6 my favourite character was mr Percival because he’s really loyal and when he died he was aging many animals so that’s why mr Percival is my favourite

11. Daniel q3) I agree with you, I think the illustrations look old as well and not much detail is available.

12. 1) yes because it tells you about what happenes.
    2)I liked chapter 1 because it introduced everyone and what happened
    3) I think the illustrations are different because they make me feel sad because they are dark and gloom

13. 1. I like the cover because you see storm boy
    2.chapter 2 because he looks after 3 pelicans
    3. I thiink the illustrations are great because it is telling a story of a child’s life
    4. Nothing I’m not sure on
    5. It’s not fair that mr Percival dies because he was warning birds of hunters
    6. My favourite character was mr Percival because he is a good bird
    7. What do you think was the best part….because

14. 5. I don’t think it’s fair that even though Mr Percival was found Hide-Away didn’t allow the other two pelicans to come back but only Mr Percival and also only the Dad got to choose to move to the beach.

15. 5.I don’t think it is fair that on the Nineth Mile Beach, there was permission for shooters to come to that specific area and shoot the birds in the nature. In my opinion, I would decide for the shooters to get warned that it isn’t fair for the birds to just get shot for no special reason.

16. #1~I think the cover is appealing because it includes a picture of Storm Boy and Mr Percival as well as some Pelicans that appear to be flying.

17. I think the cover is appealing because it has storm boy on the cover and the pelicans.
    2) I like chapter4-5 because Mr Percival saves the sailors
    3) good because they make you get what the humpy looks like
    4) In chapter 2 when finger bone seys by yimminy
    5) I don’t think it’s fair that Mr Percival died
    6) Mr Percival because he is funny and cute

18. 1) Not appealing because there are so many things that they book could be about but because it was not bright or out there I didn’t really think it looked good.

19. 6.My favourite character was Storm Boy because he was fair most of the time and cared heartily about Mother Nature and the birds that had a habitat in the area. If I were in his place, I would’ve personally also made those choices about helping the birds being injured or hurt.

20. 6. My favourite character was Mr Percival because he catches and fetches things and even saved about six men from a sinking boat which is actually pretty cool to me because you have to be amazing even super amazing more then me to do that.

21. 1) Yes because it’s just shows a story in its self
    2) I like chapter 3 because he names the Pelicans
    3) I love them because they look so much like real life and it really appeals to me
    4) Where the other two Pelicans went
    5) The hunters wanted to kill the Pelicans, what did the Pelicans do to them
    6) I like the hunters because they are mysterious and no one really knew who they were
    7) What character don’t you like?

22. #2~I like chapter 2 because it’s when Storm Boy finds the baby Pelicans and I find it quite heartwarming.

23. I know realise finger bone didn’t like hunters as well and he became friends with storm boy and hideaway

24. 3) I think the illustrations are good because they are detailed but again not the best of colours used, like it could be the same colours but brighter.

25. 1) To me the cover doesn’t draw me in but maybe for other people I think the reason why it doesn’t draw me in is because it has basic colours and doesn’t stand out.
    2) I like Chapter 5 because I think it shows us a strong bond between Mr Percival and Storm Boy.

26. 7. Did anything bad happen or did any problems occur during the story? Yes. At the end, one of the main characters, Mr Percival, was shot and Storm Boy was very heartbroken. But Strom Boy and his father still had the memory of Mr Percival, no matter where he was.

27. 1) I don’t think it is appealing because to me it just looks like a boy holding a bird.

2) Chapter 5 would have to be my favourite because of the scene where a tug boat starts sinking and Mr Percival saving the day.

3) I think the illustrations are very realistic

28. 1) I think that the cover is appealing because it relates to the story and it is well made.

2) I like chapter 2 the most because storm boy found and helped the three pelicans.