Ned Kelly Ballad

Lesson Intention

Today we are going to learn about the life of Ned Kelly

Success Criteria

# Listen to the history of Ned Kelly

# Read the ballad about Ned Kelly

# Judge (by commenting) whether you think he was an outlaw or a hero -state your reasons.

31 thoughts on “Ned Kelly Ballad

1. In my opinion ned Kelly was a hero.The police took his mum away because the mum hit the drunk police the was being rude and abusive.Ned got his family out for his life so to me he is a hero

2. I think that Ned Kelly was an outlaw because he killed police men, attacked prisons and stations, stoll from banks, the tipe of armour he wore the weapons he had and he got hung.

3. In my opinion ned Kelly was a hero.The police took his mum away because the mum hit the drunk police the was being rude and abusive.Ned got his family out for his life so to me he is a hero.Ned was a hero for his family.One of his gang members betrayed ned and the cops found out his hide out

4. I believe that Ned Kelly was a good hero because in the poem after Ned was dead it says ‘ no rich mans bank was safe’ and also his dad died and his mum got sent away so the bush was his second home. So i believe after reading the poem and watching the video Ned was a hero.

5. I believe that Ned Kelly was an out law because he murdered people even though he was famous he still murdered people and police men and for that reason he is an out law.

6. I think that Ned Kelly was an outlaw because the peom said no rich man’s bank was safe from him and that tells me that he was a robber so that’s way I think that Ned Kelly was an outlaw.

7. I think if the police had some more respect than he wouldn’t have done what he done and I think Ned Kelly did the right thing standing up for his people against greater threats.

8. I think that he was a hero because he made the unfair laws fair because his family wore unfairly treated

9. I think that Ned Kelly was both Hero and Outlaw
    Considering he fought was right by his family but also murderd many police officers.

10. I think that Ned Kelly was an outlaw because in the poem it said no rich man’s bank was safe from him and that tells me that he was a robber And that is why I thought Ned Kelly(Villain)was an outlaw to his country.πŸ”«πŸ”«πŸ”«πŸ—‘πŸ—‘πŸ—‘πŸ’ŽπŸ’ŽπŸ’Ž

11. I think he was a hero becuse the ploice took his mum and he was only 16. My big sister is 17 I can’t imagine her livening on her own at this age so I can’t imagine how he did it. His dad died when he was 12 and his life was tough. Imagine how sad it would be after having both your parents Away from you at a young age (16).

12. Personally, I think Ned Kelly was a hero because he was standing up to the unfair laws and trying to make everyone’s lives easier. Also it wasn’t his fault, he just wanted to avenge his family and most of the community.

13. I see what you are saying Tayah, however you need to justify you answer in relation to what he did.

14. I think ned Kelly was a hero he protected his country and if the police could at least gave him a chance nobody would of gotten hurt by ned Kelly and also he made the armor to protect him if a bullet comes at him but ned Kelly standed up at the police so it means he’s trying to be brave

15. I think that ‘Ned Kelly’ is both a hero and an outlaw, because he firstly he killed police men and after he explained why he did it, obviously we couldn’t read the letter, but I think if the has a good reason he is a hero as well as an outlaw.

16. I think the Ned Kelly was a hero. Because the police toke away his mother so he stoped people from being treated unfairly and that’s, why I he is a hero.

17. I believe Ned Kelly was an outlaw because his outfit looks like something someone would were if they didn’t want to be caught or seen as their real person and I heard the narrator say he was known as a murderer to some people because of his actions.

18. I am guessing he was both an outlaw and a hero because he stood up for change and made us fair and have the right to choose what happens for Australia.
    He was also an outlaw for merdering and doing as the above in a vishous and threatening way.
    However we can not be certain until time travel is possible.

19. I think that Ned Kelly was an outlaw because he murdered policemen. but on the other hand he was famous but the reason why his mum got sent away was because he had an argument with a policeman and in the end Ned sadly past away

20. I think he is a hero is because that the policemen had been sent his mum away, and kill Ned Kelly in November 1880. Ned Kelly had been write a post to the police but they were angry so they kill him, so I think he is a hero.