Anzac Day

This week we are going to view and discuss images and videos about the Anzac landing in Gallipoli.  This will help us to make connections between the schools Anzac Day Ceremony and remembering those who fought for our country.

ANZAC was the name given to the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps soldiers who landed on the Gallipoli Peninsula in Turkey early on the morning of 25 April 1915 during the First World War (1914-1918).

Anzac Landing in 3D

Gallipoli

Write a comment about our the EHSS Anzac Day Ceremony 2016

17 thoughts on “Anzac Day

1. The ANZAC Day Ceremony for 2016 I felt was very respectful and I felt that it was focused on the nurses of wars. At the end we were told to take a moment and say a quiet ‘Thank-You.’

2. I think that the ceremony was pretty good I really liked the speeches because they mention so much

3. I like to thank the Anzac but this year was the 101 year and it was extra special to thank the Anzac for fighting and risking their lives for our freedom

4. The ceremony was quite long, but I also enjoyed it (not in a celebratory way though)🌹🌹🇦🇺

5. the ceremony was good because I liked when people have to sing the New Zealand national anthem and to know that we have freedom because of our soldiers in the army.

6. ANZAC Day was very good and it reminded me of what the soldiers did to make Australia a very lucky country.

7. I really liked the first post it was really nice and got people thinking how nice it is to be free and I thought the one minute of silence was really respectful.

8. My favourite part was when I played in the band and I also liked the boy who played the trumpet as the last post and it was very memorable.