Term 2 Week 1

Term2

x7 Tables

x7 Trick

In Episode 1, โ€œKatieย Discovers the Dip,โ€ Katie learns about a common challenge that faces everyone when learning a new skill

1. What is a dip?
  2. Where/what situations might we encounter a dip?
  3. What kind of emotions accompany a dip, and how can we stay positive?
  4. Give an example of a dip you have faced encountered.
  5. Using Doodle buddy draw your dip, add comments if you wish. Upload with an explanation to your blog.

ย Graphic Organisers – to improve our thinking

72 thoughts on “Term 2 Week 1

1. I am looking forward to Term 2 with my class mates and teacher in 5J. Especially the new episodes of Mojo and Katie.

2. Long division I thought it would be easy and then I wanted to quit ( the dip ) then I got help! ( I’m out of the dip ).

3. 1. A dip is when your really excited and then that’s when you get bored and you stop that’s when you find yourself in the dip.๐ŸŒ™๐ŸŒ™๐ŸŒ™

4. 3) We could feel frustrated, angry and want to give up, and to feel positive just ask for help.

5. 1)A dip is when you try to succeed but is to hard and you think about giving up but you ask questions and you get it.

6. 1) A dip is where you face a challenge and you feel like giving up.
    2) When doing school work or learning a new trick or dance move.
    3) Emotions that encounter a dip can be: sadness, hopelessness, uselessness.
    4) A dip I have faced is when doing long multiplication I encountered this by trying, practicing and asking for help.

7. 1) a dip is when you are going so good at something then you think that you just want to give up.

8. What is a dip?
    Here you struggle

Where/what situations might we encounter a dip?
    Like your world blew up

What kind of emotions accompany a dip, and how can we stay positive?
    It,’s not over

Give an example of a dip you have faced encountered.
    Yesterday my litter week old chick buddy was swooped and toke away and killed but my mum persuaded me to get another buddy 2

9. What is a dip?
    Here you struggle

Like your world blew up

It,’s not over

Yesterday my littel week old chick buddy was swooped and toke away and killed but my mum persuaded me to get another buddy 2

10. 1.the ‘dip’ is when you have a challenge or something new to try, at first you’re really excited and stuff, then you trip up and want to give up.

2. When working on problems and/or challenges

3. Disappointment, dissatisfaction, frustration, discourage and angry at yourself.

4. I faced a ‘dip’ last year in violin when it was exam time, I couldn’t read notes very well and wanted to quit violin, I did the exam, but it was mainly because Mum threatened to sell my violin if I quitted.

11. 1) A dip is when you are at a point where you believe you cannot continue and want to give up.

2)When you are making something that is quite difficult.

3)The emotions that we have are miserable and you feel hopeless. To stay positive we can set our mind on what it will feel like when we succeed or focus on something else for that time being.

4) A dip that I have encounter is in the long division. I was thinking that I would never get it but now I have got it I wish I would have stayed more positive.

12. 1) when you face a challenge, at first you are excited and proud to take part but when the challenge becomes hard you get sad and mad that you can’t do it YET. That’s a dip.

2) you might encounter a dip if you climb Mount Everest or simply in a school subject even at home trying to ride new things.

3) mad and sad emotions were you feel giving up. Believe in yourself ask a family member or friend for there opinion of help.

4) when I wanted to go wakeboaring behind our boat.

13. 2) A situation I was in is when my soccer team was undefeated and on the last game we lost but next season we won the compitison.

14. 1) A dip and so when you are doing something that is challenging and you just want to give up .
    2) when you are in the dip you will encounter yourself saying why not give up or just turn around now and go back home.
    3). We can stay positive by saying I can do this, almost there m keep going. All of those statements can help you stay positive.

15. 1. What is a dip
    A dip is when you are excited about something but then it gets frustrating and you feel like you should quit but then someone helps you and you get going again and get better and better.

2.Where/what situations might we encounter a dip?
    When you are in class and you aren’t good at something or when you are trying to achieve a goal and you think it is to hard.

3.What kind of emotions accompany a dip, and how can we stay positive?

You would be frustrated and sad but the way to stay positive is to say positive thing like I can’t do it yet.

When I am doing viola and I say it is to hard and I should just quit, yet I don’t want to give up because then I would feel bad about failing.๐Ÿ˜•

16. I have encountered a dip in long division in maths it is really hard because I don’t get it yet

17. 1) a dip is when your really exited to do something but you can’t do it so then you try until you get it

18. 1)What is a dip ? A dip is where you start something and you find the first part easy but you find out when it gets hard. That is a dip.

19. 1) A dip is when you are doing something that is challenging you brain and you get stuck and think you can’t do it
    2) in school
    3) some emotions are scared, restless and annoyed you can stay positive by not worrying about it and trying your best
    4) yesterday I couldn’t figure out how to do long multiplication for my life
    5) (ON BLOG)

20. 1)What is a dip?
    When you feel like you want to give up and say to yourself you can’t.

2)Where/what situations might we encounter a dip?
    When you tell yourself YOU CAN’T you WON’T.

3)What kind of emotions accompany a dip, and how can we stay positive?

You feel upset and your bottom lip wobbles and you just give up.Just keep on smiling and just think I CAN’T DO IT YET.

4)Give an example of a dip you have faced encountered.

I am in a bit of a dip at the moment.
    I am struggling a bit in math class (long divisions).
    But I am getting help and I now feel supported and its all good!! The only thing is to PRACTICE and tell yourself I CAN’T DO IT YET!!!

21. 4) I have faced a very hard maths quiz. I thought I just couldn’t do it. But then I remembered that I just can’t do it yet.

22. What kind of emotions accompany a dip, and how can we stay positive? Frustration of not being to do it and happiness of achieving your goal