Class Dojo Mindset

When have you felt like you wanted to give up? Give an example.

How can you get smarter?

When have you had to ‘bounce back’?

1) What happens when you ask for help?

3 Steps to asking for help

1. Listen carefully and follow along 

2. Ask a group member for help

3. Ask the teacher

1) What are neurons and how do we make connections between our neurons?

2 ) Think of an example where you made some new connections in

your brain. What were you doing?

3 ) What can you do this week to make some new connections? Set one specific goal.

In Episode 5, “Little by Little,” Mojo and Katie embark on their greatest challenge yet – but still face a setback. 

1) What does it feel like when something is too challenging? Is it wrong that we feel this way?

2) What kind of attitude should we take on when facing a challenge, and why is that important?

3) When taking on a challenge, it’s okay to ask for help or to take a break to reflect, like Mojo did! Does this mean we aren’t growing our brain anymore?

93 thoughts on “Class Dojo Mindset

1. When have you felt like you wanted to give up? Give an example.
    When my iPad has to much memory it stuffs up

How can you get smarter?
    Never give up

2. 1) in Dance when I kept getting forced into skipping dance class and missing out on several new things in dance and falling behind

2) keep on trying

3. 1) In tests for sure

2) When i wanted to get the flute for instrumental music and i got the clarinet

4. I felt like giving up in maths in grade 2.

I picked my self up and kept saying I could do it and I got a pretty good mark.

5. 1) When I started grade 2 I didn’t understand the questions and kept falling behind.

2) But I kept on trying.

6. When have you felt like you wanted to give up?
    When I couldn’t do a drag flick, I got really frustrated.

How can you get smarter?
    By practicing and training your brain.

When have you had a bounce back?
    When I gave up on a song while practicing my violin then I took a brake then came back and played it.

7. 1. Doing my homework that is really hard than gave up.
    2. By practicing more often.
    3. I made a mess in the dish washer than later went back to it and did it again with out any mistakes.

8. (1)When have you felt like your going to give up:
    If you practice you’ll get better, and if give up your brain gets week.

9. When have you felt like you wanted to give up? Give an example. When my brother and sister get anouing.

How can you get smarter? Keep a positive attertude.

10. my biggest bounce back was when I was afraid I thought I was going to get a bad mark for clarinet but I believed in my self and I got A.

11. (1) when have a have felt like giving up:
    In dance (year 4) when my group always used to argue ALOT, sometimes I just felt like giving up especially when everyone ignored me like I wasn’t there.

(2) when have I had to bounce back:
    In prep when I had my meltdowns I usually used to bounce back by just sitting out for a bit and chance my mind set.

12. Question 1 answer:
    When I was playing neball I felt like giving up because I couldn’t get a goal and in the end my team ned up smashing the oppersition because my team encouraged my.

Quesion 2 answer:
    You can practice and tell yourself to keep trying.

Question 3 answer:
    When I was younger I loved to put on the tap so dad could wash the dishes. One day I put the water on too hot and dad bearnt his hands. The week after that I had reached convidence to turn the tap on again but this time I did the right temperature and no one got burnt.

13. Bounce back:last year I got so smart in science it got way to hard and I gave up, but I kept on trying.😀😀😀

14. My biggest bounce back was when I gave up on ridding my bike but the later I tried again and succeeded.

15. My biggest bounce back was last year when all the girls touch players and I went to a field to play a day of games of ruby and I thought my team was going to come 7th out of seven but we came 2nd.

16. my biggest bounce back was when I was little. I tried and tried to do a cartwheel but I kept on failing and I broke my arm. I was so upset!!! After my arm healed I tried again and I did it !!!!!!!!!!!!

moral: never give up and never doubt yourself:]

17. 1) When I clean my room it’s too messy so I give up but then my mum still makes me do it.
    2)Make mistakes.
    3)When I am at school I sometimes do things wrong.

18. 1) when i lost my first game of soccer i felt like not playing for two weeks but i played anyway and we won.
    2) practice everything at home and look it up at home

19. When have a wanted to give up:
    In PE I wanted to give up on juggling a soccer ball it was really hard but I never gave up I did three juggling

20. I had to bounce back was when we were cleaning the play room and when I looked at it I thought we couldn’t do it but when we were finished I proved myself wrong because it was very clean

Message:don’t give up even in the hardest situations

21. sometimes when I can’t figure out words for a story that I am writing I give up and I am afraid to say anything. But I believe in myself and I do and I got help. And I had a great story.
    So when you fell like you can’t speak up just think about positive things and then you will get there. So now at school I am a good story writer (in my opinion anyway)🤗

22. Yeah same here Jordan H but my dad keeps making me practice and he is helping me so I am getting better.

23. Hi Jordyn, my biggest ‘bounce back’. – I didn’t actually think I’d make a good mum at all. Turns out I knew more than I thought I did! Thanks for asking.

24. 1)normally they’d explain it but if you still don’t get it after that and you are allowed to work together then if they are nice than they will help.

25. When you ask for help you will offen get some help from anyone

First you say can you please help me
    Then you say thank you for helping me and next if they can’t help ask someone else

26. 1) What does it feel like when something is too challenging? Is it wrong that we feel this way?

Disappointed no never !!!!

27. 1) what does it feel like when something is to challenging but? Is it wrong that we fell this way. No it is not wrong because we have probably not done it before so our brain finds it hard.

28. 1) What does it feel like when something is too challenging? Is it wrong that we feel this way?
    It feels like you want to give up and we feel this way because we have never done it before so we want to give up

29. 1) What does it feel like when something is too challenging? Is it wrong that we feel this way?

Frustrating, annoying and disappointing.

Yes

30. 1) What does it feel like when something is too challenging? Is it wrong that we feel this way?
    frustrating.
    not really

31. 1) What does it feel like when something is too challenging? Is it wrong that we feel this way?
    No
    It is actually a good feeling to have

It is ok to have a break but never give up

It is better to ask for hel rather than gust sitting there doing nothing and to take a challenge and s a good way to live and it is the best thing to do.

32. 1) What does it feel like when something is too challenging? Is it wrong that we feel this way?
    No, if keep trying then you will get smarter everyday and also if you like challenges then you will get better each day.💡

33. 1) What does it feel like when something is too challenging? Is it wrong that we feel this way?
    Frustrating. Yes.

34. Everyone can change last year I got in trouble sometimes but now this year it has changed I don’t get in trouble that much so yes mojo can change

35. 1) What does it feel like when something is too challenging? Is it wrong that we feel this way? No because you can learn more when something is getting harder and you can learn from your mistakes.

36. 1) What does it feel like when something is too challenging? Is it wrong that we feel this way?

It feels like you’ll never be able to do it even if you sat there trying to figure it out for a year. No it isn’t bad to feel this way because you pushes your brain past its boundaries so you can learn more and do more.