Cyclops Cave

In the Cyclops Cave                     Greek Mythology

Odysseus, the craftiest man alive, is sailing home from the Trojan War. He and his men go ashore and find a cave with sheep, goats and cheese. They make themselves comfortable, only to find that the cave belongs to a one- eyed giant.

cyclops800-600x500

Genre: Narrative – Create your own Ancient Greek Myth

1) Storyboard  2) Ipad App Book Creator

Resources:Storyboarding – Prezi,   StoryBoard Online,    Templates

18 thoughts on “Cyclops Cave

1. P- The Humans stab the Cyclops in the eye, The Humans escape by hiding under the sheep and The other Cyclops leave because the Humans tricked the other Cyclops.

M- The Cyclops eats some of the other humans, Odyssey boosts when they get on the boat and the Humans get trapped by the Cyclops because the Cyclops put up a rock.

I- The sheep in the story produce milk, 2 other Cyclops are in the story and The Cyclops has a lot of sheep.

2. P-The Humans get back at him by stabing him in his eye The humans eventually escape by hiding under the sheep when he is taking the sheep for a walk

M-The Cyclops eats some humans,When the Humans get away from the Cyclops Odysseus boost,The humans are traped with no food suply

I-The sheep make milk and have utters,There are more cyclops,The cyclops loves his sheep

3. P- Odysseus avenged his men by stabbing the cyclops in the eye so that he couldn’t see and he couldn’t eat any more of men.

M- Odysseus boasted about his victory to the cyclops.

I- The cyclops was the son of Posiden.

4. P- Odysseus and his gang escaped alive, The cyclops was blinded so he didn’t eat the men but…
    M- Odysseus boasted when the cylops missed the ship
    I- the funny parts when the cyclops fell down after the men gave him the “wine”

5. P- Odysseus made it back alive.
    M- Many men died and the wife had to suffer all those men asking her to marry her and having to make that bed sheet all day then destroy her work and to keep on doing that.:-(
    I- The king at the start of the story sacrificed his daughter and then the queen killed the king.

I feel sorry for that mum and daughter.

6. PMI-

Plus- Odysseus and his friends get out alive, they succeed in their goal, they STAB the Cyclops in the eye
    Minus- They STAB the Cyclops in the eye, there’s heaps of disgusting blood from the Cyclops’ eye, some of Odysseus’ friends eat eaten by the Cyclops
    Interesting- You can milk sheep, Poseidon was the Cyclops’ father, the Cyclops walks his sheep like dogs (except without a leash)

-Jojo

7. PMI

Plus (P)
    Odysseus and his men escape Polyphemus, the one-eyed giant.
    Poseidon, Polyphemus’ father, avenges him because Odysseus boasted when he escaped and went back home on his boat.

Minus (M)
    Odysseus gloated as he sailed away on his ship
    Polyphemus was blinded by a burning stake stabbed in his eye
    Odysseus and his men were trapped in the cave and about to get eaten

Interesting (I)
    Polyphemus had one mouthful of wine with a spell on it and fell asleep in order for them all to escape.
    Polyphemus called to his fater, Poseidon, to avenge him
    Polyphemus fell for the wine trick let him escape.

8. P- The humans stabbed the cyclops in the eye and hid under the sheeps to escape
    M- They boasted to the cyclops and then peosidean made a big storm
    I-That cyclops like milk and there are other cyclops in the story
    :)_Neta_:)

9. Hi Ms Johnson. Here is my PMI about the myth as well as the animation.

This is a PMI from Odysseus’s point of view, the positives from him, the minus’s and the interesting parts.

Before the cyclops comes:
    Positives-There are plenty of sheep, there’s milk and there is a table filled with food. Polyphemus will probably show us hospitality and my men want to stay here and dine. While he is out we can be ready for dinner, and a hot meal will be a wonderful change instead of salty sea food.

Minus-The door of the cave is very big, meaning that Polyphemus must be larger than a real human. If he turns out to be horrible, there does’t seem to be any other escape route.

Interesting-The table is set for dinner, I can hear sheep and there is a lot of blood in the cave.

When the cyclops is here:
    Positive-He seems to like the wine I gave him. He has promised to eat me last and he has believed that my name is Nobody. Polyphemus is now asleep and there is a tree that we have sharpened into a point to blind him.

Minus-Polyphemus is huge and he has barred the entrance to the cave. He has eaten almost all of my men and will eat us all if we don’t do something about it.

Interesting- He likes wine, falls asleep easily and really loves his sheep.

When Polyphemus has been blinded:
    Positive-He is blind. We have escaped by holding onto the bellies of his pet sheep, while he let them out. When the other neighbouring cyclops’s came to see what was causing the noise, they fled without helping Polyphemus because when they asked who had hurt him he replied Nobody, the name I gave him.

Minus-He is still harmful and he is throwing rocks on our ship. He has prayed to Poseidon, god of the sea and Polyphemus’s father that we should never return home. Poseidon is a formidable enemy, given the fact that we must travel by sea and he is the god of the sea.

Interesting-After hearing my name when I boasted on the ship, he instantly cried out that when he was a young boy a fortune teller had told him that someday he would be blinded by a man named Odysseus. He also uttered a prayer to his father only after I had told him my name. Polyphemus never asked how we escaped, nor why we came to his shore.