|Information Reports||Newspaper Articles||Siberian Tiger||Cosmo’s Case|
|Squared Numbers||Grid Map||Compass Points||Spellcity|
Stunning beaches and tourist-filled coastal towns are some of Australia’s most important assets.
Imagine that you are holidaying in a coastal town.
1. In what way will your visit have an impact on the town?
2. Consider both the costs and benefits of your visit from the perspective of local residents.
Challenge Question: How do seasonal fluctuations in population affect these coastal communities?
|Narrative Writing||Persuasive Tips||Printing Press – Narrative||Grammar Blast||Comic Creator|
|Negative Numbers|| Triangular Numbers
||Long Division|| Journey Planner
Learning Goals – >Term 2 Wiki->Discussion->New Goal
Tasks for Non – Naplan 1. Printing Press Narrative: create a flyer explaining how to get quality writing in this genre(save to usb and email Miss Robyn)
2. Journey Planner – Applying your skills in understanding a timetable
3. Pandora’s Box questions + Comment on other student blogs
Non Naplan students – homework to be completed by 15th May. Assistance in the use of Prezi will be available to you this week!
PANDORA was the very first woman who was formed out of clay by the gods.
The Titan Prometheus had originally been assigned with the task of creating man. But because he was displeased with their lot, stole fire from heaven. Zeus was angered, and commanded Hephaistos and the other gods to create a woman, Pandora, and endow her with the beauty and cunning. He then delivered her to Epimetheus, the foolish younger brother of Prometheus, for a bride.
|Greek Gods||Pandora’s Box Pandora’s Box v2||Venn Diagram||Writing Task|
1. What is in the box? 2. Who opened it? Why? 3. What is the moral of this myth?
4. Could a suitable title have been Pandora’s Jar? Why/Why not?
|Abandoned House||Finish the story||Comic Strip|
|Number patterns||Measurement|| SpellCity
|Climatic Phenomena||Cosmo’s Casebook||Parent Interviews|
New way to present assignments for some of you – Prezi– be sure to sign up with your (eq.edu.au) webmail. Tutors available: Christian, Kelsey & Joanna
Non-Naplan student homework: Create a Prezi about learning in our multiage environment
How do we learn?, What do we learn? Computer Technology, WALT,WILF, Blogs, Group work, Discussions etc Due: 15th May
Term 2 Learning Goal WIKI – scroll down to the wiki click Term 2 Goals = Discussion.
Build a dream bike using fantasy parts and discover the power of word pictures, or metaphors.
3D Gallipoli Story – please view this prior to returning to class
Please make a comment or ask a question once you have watched this story.
Below is a song about the experiences of an itinerant Australian who volunteered as a soldier in the First World War, took part in the Suvla Bay landing and lost both legs in the Gallipoli campaign. It was composed and performed by Australian singer Eric Bogle, and was probably recorded in 1980.
- Discuss the use of a symbol of Australian patriotism, the song Waltzing Matilda, as a counterpoint to lyrics about sailing to Gallipoli, burying the dead at Gallipoli, being wounded, landing back in Sydney and questioning the commemoration of war in Anzac Day marches.
- Discuss how the song identifies the level of Turkish preparedness on the Gallipoli Peninsula.
- Your task:
- Bring our school ANZAC ceremony to life.
- Please apply for a job by submitting a comment on the blog – why you are best suited to this position.
- Photography: (skills in capturing the moment)
- Video: (steady hand, pan, wide shot, edit)
- News cast + Roving Reporters: (public speaking skills required)
- Script writers: (detailed knowledge of history, very high ability in writing)
- Props (ability in visual arts)
Further criteria will follow after negotiation with 6/7J students