The Rose Period

Learning Intention

Today we are going to critically think about Pablo Picasso’s Rose Period

Family of SaltimbanquesImage result

Success Criteria – you will know you have been successful when:

# You can  identify the dates of Picasso’s Rose Period.

# You can infer information about The Rose Period and use it to draw conclusions.

# Compare and contrast the Blue and Rose Periods using a venn diagram.

Garçon à la pipeImage result

Making Inferences & Drawing Conclusions

Rose Period

1. Write down the dates associated with the Rose Period.
  2. Why do you think Picasso moved to France?
  3. ‘What was the mood of The Rose Period’?  How do you know?
  4. What do you think was the caused Picasso’s Rose Period?
  5. Who were the main subjects in his Rose Period paintings?
  6. What do you think would have happened if Picasso hadn’t moved to France? Do you think his styles would have been different? How?

20160907-104312-28qgtb4.jpg

20160907-105021-2kzx9n5.jpg

48 thoughts on “The Rose Period

1. 1) 1904 – 1906
    2) I think that he did this because a lot of famous artists where in France at the time
    3) happy, I think this because in the blue period he was sad but red and orange are all happy
    4) he met some one that he loved and that’s what triggered the rose period
    5) circus medrano and Montmartre
    6) I think his paintings would have still been all dark and miserable like in the blue period.

2. 1. Write down the dates associated with the Rose Period.
    1904- 1906.

Because he knew that if he wanted to establish a stronger reputation as a artist he would have to live in France.

3.What was the mood of The Rose Period’? How do you know?
    The rose period was a very happy period because at the time Picasso was starting to get more popular and found love I know this because I have read a text and researched Picasso.

4.What do you think was the caused Picasso’s Rose Period?
    I think the cause of the rose period was when he became more popular and found love.

3. 1)Write down the dates associated with the Rose Period.

1904-1906.

2)Why do you think Picasso moved to France?

He moved to France so he could become a stronger know artist.

3)What was the mood of The Rose Period’? How do you know?

He had gotten a mistress named La belle Fernande. In the text it said , I due to the happier period Picasso was in a relationship.

4. 1. Write down the dates associated with the rose period.1904-1906
    2.why do you think Picasso moved to France. To have a stronger reputation as an artist.
    3. What was the mood of the rose period? How do you know. Love because it has more love colours
    4. What do you think was the course of Picasso’s rose period. A lovely woman
    5. Who was the main subject in his rose period painting.La belle fernando, circus performers, acrobats and harlequins.
    6. What would have happened if Picasso hadn’t moved to France. Do you think his styles would have been different. How?He wouldn’t have been a famous artist.

5. 1~ Write the dates associated with the rose period. The rose period went for 2 years (1904-1906).
    2~ Why do you think Picasso moved to France? I think Picasso moved to France because he could’ve had a better luck of getting money and known very well.
    3~ What was the mood of the rose period? How do you know?
    the mood from the rose period was happy because had found love and started painting happier images.
    4~ What do you think was caused by Picasso rose period?
    the cause of the rose period was Picasso finding love in his life.
    5~ Who were the main subjects in Picasso rose period paintings?the main subjects in the rose period were circus workers.
    6~ What do you think would have happened if Picasso hadn’t moved to France? Do you think his styles would have been different? How?
    yes if Picasso hadn’t moved to Paris he wouldn’t be famous and he would’ve been poor for the rest of his life, by not moving his paintings would’ve been different.

6. 5. Who were the main subjects in his Rose Period paintings?
    Happy people , circus folk, acrobats, harlequins and the person that was his love at the time, they where the most common inspirations.

7. Smithy
    2) He moved to france because he wanted his art work to be known outside pf spain and he knew he had to move to france.

8. 1. 1904-1906
    2. He wanted to establish a stronger reputation as an artist so he decided to live permanently in France.
    3. The rose period was happier compared to the blue period as Picasso used a more colourful palette, although the figures in his panting still looked isolated, and now has more self confidence.
    4. His changing to the rose period occurred when he met a girl called Fernande Olivier. But she had refused to marry him

9. Jessie1) 1904-1906

Daniel1) 1904-1906

Jessie2) He wanted to establish a stronger relationship as an artist outside of Spain.

Daniel 2) I think he needed a little more reputation and france worked out for him.

Jessie3) The mood of the Rose Peroid was love and happiness because he went into a relationship with someone he liked and pink is a colour that relaxes the mind.

Daniel3) happier because he uses happier and brighter colours and he begins to getter a better and happier life.

Jessie4) Meeting the love of his life and getting over his friend dieing.

Daniel4) His better life and he meats a nice girl and is getting more money and he is getting happier.

10. 1)1904-1906
    2)to establish a stronger reputation as an artist that why he went to France
    3)super happy and nice that is the mood of the rose period
    4)who he loved that how he cased the rose period
    5)circus medrano, circus people,acrobats,harlequin
    6)population going down and less money given

11. Q1) 1904-1906

Q2) he believed that he would gain fame as an artist if he moved to the art capital of the world.

Q3) Love and happiness because the colours of red and pink represent these emotions in picasso’s work.

Q4) I think that Picasso’s rose period started from him meeting a woman who he liked.

Q5) Performers, acrobats and harlequins

Q6) if Picasso didn’t move to France I think he would have ended up staying in the blue period for quite a while longer than he was. He probably also would have ended up going bankrupt and starved. I think he might have ended up starting a black period which was even more sad and depressing than the blue period because he would have been getting even more sad because he would be going bankrupt.

12. 1) 1904 – 1906

2) I think he moved to France because france is a very popular country and he might have thought that he would earn more money.

3) the mood of Picasso’s rose period was love because when he saw someone that he liked he started painting red and orange for love and happiness.

4) I think that when he met someone that he liked made him want to paint in red and orange to show his feelings.

13. 1. 1904—1906.
    2. I think at that time there were lots of other artists and he want to move there as well as his family.
    3. It was about love because I remember reading a biography about the Rose Period, he did it because as soon as his freind died, he found love.
    4. Because he found his one and only true love.
    5. Probably him and his true love in paintings.
    6. ?

14. 1) 1904-1906
    2) I believe he moved because he wanted to move from Spain and go somewhere he enjoyed and thought more happier to paint.
    3) Happy and Love because the colours (orange, pink, red and yellow) make me feel happy and remind me of love.

15. 2) Q: Why do you think Picasso moved to France?
    A: I think Picasso moved to France to get more famous, as Spain was not giving Picass a lot of publicity.

16. ‘What was the mood of The Rose Period’? How do you know?
    Happy and love, he painted in bright colours and in happy ways

17. 4) I believe and also know that it was that he had found true love with a lady named Fernande Olivier.
    5) harlequins, circus performers and acrobats

18. 1. The rose period start in 1904 to 1906.
    2. He wanted to establish a stronger reputation, so he lived in France where the big cities is.
    3.
    4. I think Picasso is very happy in this meantime. So the Rose period had start.
    5.He is a relationship with Fernande Olivier.

19. 1) Write down the dates associated with the Rose Period.

1904 to 1906

2) Why do you think Picasso moved to France?

He realized that if he wanted to establish a stronger reputation as and artist outside Spain he would have to permanently live in France.

3) What was the mood of The Rose Period’? How do you know?

The mood is more cheerful and much happier than the blue period. I know this because he met a girl that he liked. She was his mistress for the next nine years.

4) What do you think was the caused Picasso’s Rose Period?

He met a girl that he liked in 1904 and he proposed but she refused him however she was his mistress for the next nine years.

20. 3: Q: What was the mood of The Rose Period’? How do you know?

A: I think the mood of the Rose Period was cheerful because in the text it says that ‘the paintings were much different to the Rose period and they were cheerful.

21. (1). Write the dates of the Rose period?
    1904 to 1906
    (2) He moved to France because if he wanted to grow is repatriation as an artist outside he would have to live in France.
    (3) Very happy because he had a relationship with a girl that lifted up his spirits.

22. 6. What do you think would have happened if Picasso hadn’t moved to France? Do you think his styles would have been different? How?

I think that if Picasso didn’t go to France he wouldn’t be as popular and yes is style would of been different mainly the Blue Period because it was mainly based on his friend dieing but if Picasso didn’t move him and his friend wouldn’t of met.

23. (4) Picasso having a relationship with a girl and him making his paintings look more colourful
    (5) the main subjects were acobats,circus performers.(6) If Picasso didn’t move to France he wouldn’t be as famous if he stayed in Spain.Because he wouldn’t have the repetition as an artist.

24. 6) He would not have found love and would probably stay in the blue period for longer time. I don’t think he would change his style in art but if he did it would most likely get more angrier and sadder because nothing would be helping his sadness go away with any goodness and that’s why moving too France was a good I since he found love he wasn’t as sad and had arrived in the rose period.

25. 5) Who were the main subjects in his Rose Period paintings?

Harlequins, circus folk and acrobats all looking neutral

6) What do you think would have happened if Picasso hadn’t moved to France? Do you think his styles would have been different? How?

He would not establish a stronger reputation as an artist outside Spain. Yes, because he wasn’t as happy and the blue period would have been longer due to not establishing a stronger reputation.

26. 4) Q: What do you think was the caused Picasso’s Rose Period?

A: I think Picasso started his Rose Period because he fell in love with maiden a lady, but she as already married.

27. What do you think was the caused Picasso’s Rose Period?

Roses can be in many colours but moast of them are bright and brings thought of joy

28. 5) Q: Who were the main subjects in his Rose Period paintings?

A: The main painting in the Rose Period were circus folks, circus animals and harlequins.

29. 6)What do you think would have happened if Picasso hadn’t moved to France? Do you think his styles would have been different? How?

No,because he made up his style by what was happening in his life.

30. What do you think was the caused Picasso’s Rose Period?
    Picasso was sad for many years, so when he found love he made paintings to represent happiness.

31. Who were the main subjects in his Rose Period paintings?
    People who enjoy life and find the brightness in moast situations and people that he loves and cares about

32. What do you think would have happened if Picasso hadn’t moved to France? Do you think his styles would have been different? How?
    Yes, he would have never got to do cubisum from the museum because he would not be there if he did not live there and no rose period because he would not see that exact woman there.

33. 1. The Rose period start in 1904 to 1906
    2. I think is because that Picasso want to establish a stronger reputation.
    3. He drawing looks cheerfully and started to use warmer colour.
    4. Maybe he is married and really happy, so the Rose period are created.
    5. The mean subject was the harlequins.
    6. If Picasso do not went to France, he may not married his wife, so the Rose period would not exist and he would be still very poor while he is in Spain.

34. 6) Q: What do you think would have happened if Picasso hadn’t moved to France? Do you think his styles would have been different? How?

A: I think if he didn’t move to France he would of painted the same because he wouldn’t of gone through all of his experiences therefore he wouldn’t of gone through his periods, therefore he would of painted the same.

35. 6) If he hadn’t moved to France he wouldn’t have had his blue period and his rose period and. his styles would’ve been different because he wouldn’t have paintings the paintings of his blue and rose period.