Just a reminder that all students are very welcome to make comments on the Library’s Book Blog http://ehsslibrary.edublogs.
Recently posts have included character quotes, peer recommendations, beautiful language and book selection.
All comments are carefully moderated before publication.
Stolen Generations Testimonies
The internet links below, involve people sharing their stories of being removed from their Aboriginal families by the Australian government. Follow these links to find out more. As you watch the videos, make some notes concerning the effects of children being removed from their families.
Watch these videos
Stolen Generation -
Your Task in the time remaining is to write a short persuasive text on the class blog.
Write these sentences on the blog and give your answers to them.
1. The ‘Stolen Generation’ is a term that describes the removal of…
2. Australia should apologise to the stolen generations of Aboriginal people because…
3. One of the effects of aboriginal children being taken from their families was…
4. The ‘Stolen Generation’ in Australian history; had devastating effects on Aboriginal people and…
Include the following -
1. An introductory sentence that summarises your opinion.
2. Give at least one reason or piece of evidence that supports your opinion
3. A concluding sentence that summarise the main points of your argument.
Remember to: • plan your writing • write in complete sentences • use persuasive techniques – • pay attention to your spelling and punctuation • choose your words carefully • begin each paragraph with a new idea • check and edit your writing to ensure that it is clear.
Off you go; get writing. Write your text as a comment below.
We have had a massive term …… What was your favourite topic we learnt about???
What was your favourite event and why?
1. Who is your favourite poet?
2. Why does their poetry appeal to you?
3. What emotions does poetry evoke in you?
4. How does poetry differ to writing a narrative?
5. Write your own poem using alliteration.
Research five facts about China. Record these on your own blog or write onto our blog.
Welcome to a jam packed term.
English – memoirs, literacy texts, poetry
Mathematics – all areas
Science – Sun, Earth, Moon, Seasons, Mould
History – Ancient China
SOSE – China: a way of life
Technology – 3d ancient Chinese masks
Arts – caricature, Hip Hop dance